Supporting people and communities
As a major Australian construction company, we create the vital infrastructure needed today that builds and shapes people’s lives tomorrow and beyond. We take our role much further than just the construction and development of infrastructure and focus on how these infrastructure projects can add long-term economic and social value to the cities, centres, and communities that they serve. Liveability, sustainability, environmental integrity and the social and cultural significance of the landscape where we work plays a critical role in our design and delivery of projects.
Through our Indigenous and Social Inclusion Strategy and Stretch Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), we demonstrate our commitment to ensure we provide participation opportunities in employment, training and enterprises for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and businesses over the life of our projects.
Our Indigenous and Social Inclusion Strategy includes:
- The framework in which we operate
- Guiding principles and commitments
- Development of culturally safe workplace practices
- 4% for Indigenous employment target
- Becoming a signatory to the Uluru Statement
- Indigenous Business Partnerships:
- Development of commercial relationships with Indigenous businesses
- Building capacity, skills and business acumen in newly established Indigenous businesses
- Participate in Raising the Bar:
- Setting an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander procurement target of:
- 1.5% of annual influenceable spend by FY 2022
- 2% of annual influenceable spend by FY 2023
- 2.5% of annual influenceable spend by FY2024
- 3% of annual influenceable spend by FY2025
CPB Contractors’ achievements:
- In November 2022, we launched our Stretch RAP for 2022-2025. We worked closely with Reconciliation Australia to develop a plan that outlines actions and deliverables that support CPB Contractors to continue the journey of reconciliation.
- As a founding member Supply Nation and a member of Social Traders, we are connecting with verified Indigenous businesses and social enterprises across the country. During the financial year 2021/2022, we procured $92 million of goods and services from Indigenous businesses and social enterprises.
- In 2010 CPB Contractors was the first corporate organisation to sign-up to the CareerTrackers ‘10x10 Program’ – a 10-year commitment providing internships for 10 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students per year. We have now increased our offering to 25 new and existing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students per year.
- To further assist us with a pipeline of Indigenous professionals, we make early access offerings to the CIMIC Graduate Program for those who successfully complete their university studies and internships with us. To date, 291 Indigenous university students have completed internships with CPB Contractors, with a high number offered direct employment.
- In June 2022 CPB Contractors signed our second 3-year agreement with CareerSeekers; a program supporting Australia’s new humanitarian entrants into professional careers. To date we have supported 92 interns with 64 being offered direct employment.
- Six Māori and Pasifika students are placed with CPB Contractors each year, for three years. Each student receives a 12-week paid internship while completing a training and development program.
Awards and Recognition
Supply Nation (Founding Member)
- 2019 Gold Sponsors for the Knowledge Forum
- 2021 Silver Sponsors for the Knowledge Forum
- 2022 Silver Sponsors for the Trade Show
NSW Indigenous Chamber of Commerce
- Awarded Aboriginal and Participation in Construction (APiC) 2021
- 2022 Silver Sponsors Infrastructure and Construction Forum
- Awarded Aboriginal Participation in Construction (APiC) 2022
- Awarded NSWICC Infrastructure and Construction Woman of the Year
Kinaway Chamber of Commerce
- 2022 Silver Sponsors for the Business Awards
- Social Procurement Partnership/Deal/Contract of the Year 2019
- Social Procurement Agency of the Year 2020
CareerTrackers (Founding Member)
- 2019 CPB Contractors is recognized as a founding member at the CareerTrackers Gala Dinner and Awards celebrating CareerTrackers 10th Birthday