Creating resilient places and positive legacies
Sustainability is about meeting the needs of today without compromising the future.
For CPB Contractors, sustainability is about ensuring the long-term success of our projects, people, communities and ecosystems by integrating environmental, social, economic and governance factors into our decision making.
Working closely with our clients and partners, our projects connect communities, play a role in urban and rural development, and help drive economic growth.
From design to construction, we are delivering environmentally responsible and resource-efficient infrastructure that will enhance people’s lives for generations to come.
Our sustainability goals are to:
- Target and report sustainable performance to generate reliable returns and investor confidence for the CIMIC Group.
- Be recognised as a leader and contractor of choice in sustainability by our clients and the construction industry.
- Develop a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing to encourage and capture innovation.
- Seek environmentally and socially responsible supply chain solutions.
- Create safe, diverse and rewarding workplaces for our people.
- Deliver resilient projects and places that support communities and leave positive legacies.
- Utilise the employment, training and business opportunities that our projects provide to foster diversity and social inclusion.
Achievement of these goals is guided by the CIMIC Group’s five sustainability themes and commitments that help define the way we operate:
- Environment: Promote environmentally responsible outcomes by using resources efficiently, minimising waste and building resilience to climate risks.
- Safety: Support safe communities and provide safe, supportive and positive workplaces for our people.
- Integrity: Act with integrity, operate honestly and respectfully, and seek sustainable supply chain outcomes.
- Culture: Promote a culture that builds capability and supports opportunities for sustainability, diversity and inclusion.
- Innovation: Target innovation through knowledge sharing and collaboration, and seek competitive advantage with a focus on the future.
As a member of the CIMIC Group, CPB Contractors recognises the global commitment of governments and businesses to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all peoples enjoy peace and prosperity.