We are working to achieve the following sustainability outcomes across our business.
Our environmental sustainability targets include:
- 20% reduction in Scope 1 & 2 emissions by 2025, from a 2019 base
- Net zero Scope 1 & 2 emissions by 2038
- Net zero Scope 3 emissions by 2045
- 90% of project waste diverted from landfill (excl. contaminated waste)
- 10% of project water recycled/reused
Our net zero approach:
- Avoid unnecessary energy or material use
- Reduce emissions by using efficient and low emission equipment
- Replace high emission materials and energy with low emission and renewable alternatives
Scope 1 emissions are primarily from fuels we consume.
Scope 2 emissions are primarily from the electricity we consume.
Scope 3 emissions are the indirect emissions associated with our activities including material manufacturing, waste disposal, transport and travel.
Our circular economy approach:
- Avoid activities that generate unnecessary waste
- Replace raw materials with recycled alternatives
- Reuse & Recover construction and demolition waste
- Recycle waste and materials
For more information on our social sustainability initiatives see here: