CPB Contractors, as part of a joint venture, has been selected by the NSW Government to deliver the surface civil and alignment works for the Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport rail link between Orchard Hills and the new Western Sydney Airport Station.
The innovative joint venture is made up of CPB Contractors and United Infrastructure, a consortium of Western Sydney based companies including Burton Contractors, JK Williams and Mulgoa Quarries.
The airport and associated transport projects are central to Sydney’s economic future.
The works encompass the civil infrastructure necessary for the construction of the track and includes:
- 3.4 kilometres of elevated viaduct at Orchard Hills and Luddenham.
- 6.7 kilometres of earthworks for track formation.
- A 190 metre long rail bridge over the new M12 motorway.
- A 20 metre long rail bridge within the airport.
- Temporary and permanent access roads.
- Bulk earthworks for the stabling and maintenance facility site.
Work will commence in 2022 and is scheduled to be completed in 2024.