Rail networks that connect cities and regions
Over a 65-year history, CPB Contractors has delivered heavy and light rail projects that have supported the social and economic fabrics of cities and regions across Australia.
We work with our clients and partners to deliver transformational new rail lines, network upgrades, stabling facilities and depots, and new station infrastructure.
Our specialist rail experience in delivering track, overhead line equipment and rail systems is supported by our market-leading expertise in civil works, bridge structures, buildings and tunnelling to provide complete infrastructure solutions.
Much of our work is done within complex, live operating rail environments, and our absolute priority is the safety of our people and all rail network users through technologically advanced traffic and rail infrastructure management.
Recent major rail projects include:
NSW & ACT
- Sydney Metro: Sydney Metro Northwest, Sydney Metro City & Southwest and Pitt Street Station.
- Canberra Light Rail (PPP) with Transport Canberra.
- Parramatta Light Rail for Transport for NSW.
- Epping to Thornleigh Third Track Alliance with Transport for NSW.
- Regional Rail maintenance facility in Dubbo.
- Level Crossing Removal works with the Victorian Government in Melbourne.
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel works as part of the Rail Systems Alliance and Rail Infrastructure Alliance.
- Cross River Rail: Rail Integration and Systems package and the Tunnels, Stations and Development package.
- Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 for the QLink Consortium.
- Moreton Bay Rail project for the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- METRONET: Yanchep Rail Extension and the Thornlie-Cockburn Link.
- New MetroRail City project – Package F for the Public Transport Authority.