CPB Contractors is committed to creating resilient places and leaving positive legacies.
Our sustainability strategy targets emission reductions from the fuel and electricity we consume, as well as the indirect emissions associated with our activities. This includes material manufacturing, waste disposal, transport and travel.
Our sustainability targets include:
- 20% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2025
- Net zero Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2038
- Net zero Scope 3 emissions by 2045
Our approach to constructing a more sustainable future for the environment, communities where we work and our people, is based on five priority areas where our influence and impact are greatest: GHG emission reduction, sustainable design, sustainable construction, community legacy and workforce legacy and safety.
To achieve net zero, we are:
- Avoiding unnecessary energy and material use
- Using efficient and low emission equipment
- Replacing high emission materials and energy with low emission and renewable alternatives
- Offsetting emissions with carbon credits
We are also working with our clients, partners and the community to adopt a circular economy approach, which includes:
- Avoiding activities that generate unnecessary waste
- Replacing raw materials with recycled alternatives
- Reusing and recovering construction and demolition waste
- Recycling waste and materials