CPB Contractors' Project Fundamentals training and development program is a seven-part training course designed to provide engineers with the knowledge and tools they need to consistently construct complex projects on time and within budget, using best-practice methodology and an innovative approach.
Purpose-built and taught by subject matter experts from across the business, the program brings together all the elements that set a CPB Contractors project apart, often coined ‘the CPB Contractors-way’.
Engineering professionals from across our business are taking part in seven courses that cover:
- Cost: Cost control introduction and implementation, monthly performance monitoring, daily performance monitoring and forecasting.
- Commercial & Procurement: Head contracts and subcontracts, managing variations, and procurement.
- Design: The design process, how to manage design and change, design systems and controls, and how to design during construction.
- Quality: Quality principles, construction planning, work packs, and defect management.
- Safety, Environment, and Sustainability: Safety leadership, safety essentials, construction area risk reviews, safe work method statements, community and stakeholder engagement, environmental due diligence, sustainable design, construction and procurement, circular economy, water and waste management, and decarbonisation.
- Planning: Work breakdown structures, program levels and float, and critical paths
- Digital: Digital fundamentals, integrated digital delivery, digital implementation, and practical use cases.
The Project Fundamentals training program has been designed to give CPB Contractors’ engineering leaders the knowledge, skills, and experience they need to be successful.
“The ‘CPB Contractors-way’ is a term that floats around our industry quite a lot, and is associated with best-practice delivery,” said Don Johnson, Chief Operations Officer and Executive General Manager – NSW, Major Projects & Tunnelling.
“I am proud to see our people complete Project Fundamentals, which has been purpose-built by the best and brightest minds from across our business”.
CPB Contractors' Project Fundamentals training program is an investment in the professional development of its people. It has been designed to equip its engineers with the tools they need to continue delivering projects to the highest standards.