Supporting people and communities
As a major Australian construction company, we create the vital infrastructure needed today that builds and shapes people’s lives tomorrow and beyond. We take our role much further than just the construction and development of infrastructure (which includes road and rail networks, hospitals, schools, Defence infrastructure, and renewable energy projects). Rather we focus on how these infrastructure projects can be a positive value-add to the cities, centres, and communities that they serve, connect and grow. Liveability, sustainability, environmental integrity and social and cultural significance of the landscape in which we work plays a critical role in our design and delivery of projects.
Through our Indigenous and Social Inclusion Strategy and Innovate RAP (Reconciliation Action Plan), we demonstrate our commitment to ensure we provide participation in employment, training and enterprise opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and businesses over the life of the Project.
Our Indigenous and Social Inclusion Strategy includes:
- The framework in which we operate
- Guiding principles and commitments
- Development of culturally safe workplace practices
- Set targets of 4% for Indigenous employment and 2% Indigenous procurement
- Partnerships with CareerTrackers, CareerSeekers and Tupu Toa to provide internships for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Māori and Pasika people and asylum seekers and refugees
- The engagement of Indigenous businesses and social enterprises throughout our business and onto our subcontractors on our projects through member-based partners Supply Nation and Social Traders.