Papua New Guinea Hospital increasing medical capacity and response
CPB Contractors worked with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to deliver the ANGAU Memorial Hospital in Lae, Papua New Guinea.
The hospital provides critical health services for the city of Lae, which is one of the largest in Papua New Guinea, as well as the broader Momase region.
CPB Contractors started work on the site in April 2018 and it was completed in August 2022.
Project works include:
- A new central energy plant and infrastructure;
- Back-of-house services including kitchen and laundry;
- Tuberculosis and Paediatric Inpatient Wards;
- Birthing Ward;
- Childrens’ Outpatient Department;
- Special Care Nursery;
- Acute services (Intensive Care Unit, Urgent Care Centre, Emergency Department and theatres); and
- Support services (Pathology, Imaging and Central Sterilisation).