A crucial upgrade of Sydney’s most vital piece of infrastructure
CPB Contractors has been selected by the NSW Government to deliver the Warringah Freeway Upgrade project in a 70:30 joint venture with Downer.
The Warringah Freeway upgrade is key to a city-shaping network of roads that will reduce congestion in Sydney, as population and transport demand grows. The project will improve traffic flow, simplify the complex road corridor, and create better connections.
The project includes:
- Upgrading four kilometres of the Warringah Freeway between North Sydney and Naremburn
- Improving interchanges with Falcon Street, including a new northbound on ramp at High Street
- Improved public transport links, with a continuous southbound bus lane from Miller Street to the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Around 2.5 kilometres of new and upgraded cycleways and pedestrian paths, integrated with public transport networks.
Construction will commence in 2022 and is expected to take approximately five years to complete, subject to the detailed design and construction program.
CPB Contractors acknowledge the Cameraygal people of the Eora Nation as the traditional and continuing custodians of the lands on which the Warringah Freeway Upgrade will be delivered.
Working with us
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Having an industry-leading supply chain and procurement network is one of our core commitments to our clients and partners.
If you are a potential supplier that wish to have goods or services evaluated for the Warringah Freeway Upgrade project, please visit our procurement portal.
Our environmental commitments:
- Pollution Incident Response Management Plan
- WFU Premise Map
- Environmental Monitoring Data