From the Snowy Hydro to tunnels under Sydney Harbour
CPB Contractors is Australia’s leading tunnelling contractor responsible for delivering projects across the transport and utility sectors across Australia and New Zealand, and in South East Asia.
Our tunnelling experience goes back to 1958, where we were the first Australian company to be awarded major construction projects on the Snowy Mountains Hydro Electric Scheme.
Since then, we have delivered more than 300 linear kilometres of next-generation tunnels that have reshaped the way cities move, supported the growth of communities and provided sustainable transport networks of value for generations to come.
From hard rock to flowing sands, our diverse tunnelling, underground excavation and associated civil works experience enables our people to develop innovative solutions to safely and successfully deliver projects of long-term value.
Our current tunnelling projects include:
- WestConnex M4 East, Sydney.
- WestConnex New M5, Sydney.
- WestConnex Rozelle Interchange, Sydney.
- Sydney Metro City & Southwest Tunnel and Station Excavation (TSE).
- Westgate Tunnel Project, Melbourne.
- Cross River Rail, Brisbane.
- DTSS Stage 2 – Contract T09, Singapore.