Supporting people and communities
As a major Australian construction company, we create vital infrastructure that better connects communities and enhances people’s lives. We build road and rail networks, schools, hospitals, sporting arenas, renewable energy infrastructure and more.
Through our Indigenous and Social Inclusion Strategy, we are committed to supporting people’s aspirations and those experiencing disadvantage with access to employment, training and business opportunities.
Our Indigenous and Social Inclusion Strategy includes:
- Partnerships with non-profit social enterprises such as CareerTrackers and CareerSeekers to provide internships for Indigenous people and refugees.
- The enablement of Indigenous businesses and social enterprises to subcontract at our projects through partnerships with groups including Supply Nation and Social Traders.
Building fairness and equality into the way we operate
We believe that together we can help foster communities and environments that are nurturing and inclusive, where all people are encouraged to learn, share and flourish, including:
- A clearly stated mission and guiding principles.
- A code of conduct that sets the standards and behaviours that we expect from our people.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and unconscious bias training to create a level playing field.
Our company’s recent achievements:
- As a founding member of non-profit organisation Supply Nation, we are connecting with verified Indigenous businesses across the country. In 2017, this resulted in around $30 million of project-based contracts being issued to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander businesses.
- CPB Contractors was the first corporate organisation to sign-up to the ‘10x10 Program’ with CareerTrackers – a 10-year commitment providing meaningful internships for Indigenous students around Australia. The 10x10 partnership includes a commitment to engage 25 new and existing Indigenous interns per year.
- Through our partnership with CareerTrackers, more than 100 Indigenous university students have completed internships with CPB Contractors since 2010. Many have been accepted into the CIMIC Group Graduate Program and we now have a talented and growing Alumni connected to our company.
- Launch of CPB Contractors' Reconciliation Action Plan in 2019.