CPB Contractors has successfully delivered the construction scope of the Blackwater Mine Tailings Solution Project for the BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance.
Commencing March 2022, CPB Contractors’ scope of works on the project, including the delivery of:
- A 16.5 km pipeline from the Northern Coal Processing Plant to Bonnie Doon
- Modifications to existing infrastructure, including tailings lines, raw water pipelines, electrical and process control systems;
- New high-density polyethylene and steel tailings pipelines and associated civil works;
- New valve and instrument stations;
- New trenched fibre optic cable along the pipeline alignment;
- A new process control system and integration with existing infrastructure;
- A new process control system and its integration back to the coal Integrated Remote Operations Centre.
Leaving a positive, sustainable legacy is a key priority at CPB Contractors and during the delivery of the Blackwater Mine Tailings Solution Project, over 10,000 hours were spent providing apprenticeship and upskilling opportunities to locals.
Leveraging CPB Contractors’ local knowledge and global expertise, the project teams focused on collaborative delivery, which allowed the realisation of strong outcomes, including:
- Successful project delivery with zero impact on mining operations
- Over 220,000 work hours delivered Lost Time Injury (LTI) free
- 8 percent female participation
- 4 percent Indigenous spend
- More than 30 local subcontractors engaged
CPB Contractors has a strong track record of safe, productive and innovative construction across all resource sectors, including mining, energy and renewables.
With many of our resource projects located in regional or remote areas, our integrated approach to sustainability and supply chain engagement provides business, employment and training opportunities for First Nations People and broader diverse community benefits.